THE LAST DAY TO ENTER THE PARADE IS SEPTEMBER 18, 2020
WE MUST HAVE YOUR COMPLETED FORM BY SEPTEMBER 18, 2020 IN ORDER TO HAVE YOU IN THE LINE UP.
NO ONE WITH OUT A COMPLETED FORM WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PARADE DO TO SECURITY ISSUES. WE CANNOT COMPLETE FORMS AT THE PARADE GROUNDS SO PLEASE HONOR THE DEADLINE.
Parade forms can be obtained by:
Calling the Greater Mitchell Chamber of Commerce 812-849-4441
Requesting an emailed copy:
Calling the Parade Chairwoman Amy Garland 812-583-5651
Mitchell Persimmon Festival Parade Rules:
Parade Rules: The following rules are non-negotiable in organizing the parade.
- No candy, flyers or objects shall be thrown from parade units or distributed along the parade route. This ensures the safety of the crowd.
- All candidates for political office must ride on their respective party’s float.
- Signs directing you to the parade staging area will be on both highways (37 & 60) leading into Mitchell. Please follow those signs.
- Float contest participants should have their unit at the parade staging area no later than 11:45 AM. Float judging will begin at noon and be completed by 1:00 PM.
- All parade units should arrive at the parade staging area no later than 11:45 AM.
- The parade will move at a “fast walk” pace. Please try to avoid gaps in the parade, staying within 50 feet of the unit in front of you.
- The parade will begin at 1:45 PM, with the lead units approaching the reviewing stand at 2:00 PM.
- All parade units must stay with their assigned line up number. You will be contacted with your parade number on 9/21/2020.
- No alcohol is permitted on parade grounds before, during or after the parade.
- By participating in the parade, you agree to hold harmless the City of Mitchell, Greater Mitchell Chamber of Commerce, Inc. and the Persimmon Festival Committee from all liability and/or injury that may occur from participation in this event.
The parade committee reserves the right to accept/not accept entries.
Questions please call:
The Greater Mitchell Chamber of Commerce 812-849-4441
Amy Garland Parade Chairperson 812-583-5651